Meggie Winchell, M.Ed., has supported women on the journey of personal empowerment for 15+ years. She is a certified life coach, expert mindset mentor, energy worker, mother, birth doula, and women's empowerment facilitator. With extensive background in teaching as well as sacred feminine leadership, Meggie is passionate about creating opportunities for transformational growth, profound learning, and deep healing. In 2017 she created the Sacred Self Care Women's Well, an online sanctuary that drew over 1500 women. Currently, Meggie works with private life coaching clients--women who are ready to dive deep and move forward on their path with authentic confidence, clarity, and purpose.
1. Home is an old farmhouse with a view of mountains. We have gardens, fruit trees, berry bushes, and chickens. I enjoy harvesting and preserving food for the winter. Living in connection with the earth is important to me.
2. Family: I'm one of three sisters. Hooray for sisters! I live with my beloved life partner (we've been together 20 years) and our two young children. Every day being a mama teaches me about unconditional love as well as what it means to be human.
3. I know what it's like to put in all the effort into landing your dream job only to find out six months later that the job is sucking your soul. I distinctly remember walking through a cold, desolate cornfield at 11 o'clock at night, feeling so disheartened and withered. My spark and vibrancy had been completely drained by all the stress.
4. I also know what it's like to get brave, take that leap of faith, believe in yourself, and finally pursue your passions. Along the way I've collected an extensive toolbox to help navigate the fears, doubts, and challenges that are likely to show up. Best of all, I know the deep, heartfelt satisfaction of living your life purpose and bringing your gifts, skills, and talents into this world to serve others in the way you were meant to.
5. Narcissists. I have first-hand experience with how they manipulate, turn your words around on you, gaslight, make ultimatums, weave a web of deception, and deny any feedback by playing the victim. It's confusing and it erodes self esteem by planting the toxic seeds of self doubt. Know this: you aren't making it up. This is an invitation to reclaim your power and come back home to yourself.
6. I'm a dedicated life-long learner. Recently I've been expanding my understanding of social justice issues and the impact of systemic racism on the lives of People of Color today. It's been eye-opening, sickening, and it has shaken me to the core. I'm learning. I will do better. Change is needed both inside and out.
7. I love outdoor adventure and have guided trips internationally. I sailed among giant icebergs along the coast of Labrador. I led a 3-week backpacking trip through the High Sierra Mountains of California. I climbed 100-foot grandmother fig trees with howler monkeys in Costa Rica. I inhaled the ancient, wet, smelly breath of enormous blue whales. And yes, I can make fire by rubbing sticks together.
8. I earned my Bachelor's of Science in Biology as well as a M.Ed. and taught high school science for a number of years. In coaching my science brain comes in handy when observing, analyzing the facts, designing systems, organizing, time management, and creating step-by-step plans of action. It also brings in a sense of curiosity, a "let's experiment!" attitude, and a genuine excitement for new discoveries.
9. As a doula I've had the great honor of supporting women as they birth their babies into this world. Birth is sacred. It's a life-changing initiation that invokes courage, strength, embodiment, and profound love.
10. Things that bring me JOY: dancing, cross-country skiing, sailing, canoeing, camping, silk painting, crafting, singing, gardening, walking in the woods, picking flowers, family, belly-laughing, and women's circles. How about you?